Senior Carbon Accounting Analyst
Permanent Employee, Full Time | Berlin or Remote
WHAT YOU WILL DO
We are looking for a Senior Carbon Accounting Analyst to join our climate solutions team. You will help calculate scope 1-3 emissions for clients, support the conceptual development of our carbon accounting software modules, and research best practices for climate leadership. As an early team member at a fast-growing VC-backed startup, you’ll play a key role in enhancing our product offering and helping clients to achieve their environmental goals. You’ll be part of an international team of experienced ESG professionals and software engineers, headquartered in Berlin, from the early stages of our journey as we build the market leading ESG software solution.
- Support the successful delivery of client projects, including the calculation of scope 1-3 emissions in line with the GHG protocol
- Help clients to organize their environmental data and perform high-quality data analysis to derive meaningful insights
- Build client-facing presentations and create actionable recommendations
- Conduct research on climate-focused standards, frameworks, and regulations (e.g., TCFD, SBTi, CDP, EU Taxonomy, SFDR)
- Contribute ideas to expand our portfolio of specialized climate solutions, including carbon accounting modules, science-based target-setting, scenario modelling and climate reporting
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have experience in carbon accounting: You have 2-3 years of practical experience helping organizations to calculate and analyze their GHG emissions, including scope 3. You have a strong knowledge of the GHG protocol and best practices in carbon accounting. A relevant academic degree in sustainability, environmental studies, data analysis, or a related field is a plus. Experience of extended input-output modelling or life-cycle analysis would be a bonus.
- You are analytical: You have strong data analysis skills and are highly proficient in Excel. Knowledge of additional statistical analysis methods, packages, data visualisation software and programming languages are a plus (R, Tableau, Python, etc).
- You have a good knowledge of major climate frameworks and regulations: You keep up to date with the evolving landscape of climate-focused frameworks and regulations, and understand how various ESG standards incorporate climate disclosures. You are familiar with the metrics organizations should track and the actions they should take to align with best practices.
- You focus on the best outcomes for clients: You think strategically about how clients can measure and reduce their emissions. You can communicate complex topics and help business leaders understand the importance of climate change. You have ideas for how to build new and impactful solutions that clients will love.
- You are entrepreneurial: You are results-driven and thrive in a startup environment. You have a strong understanding of core business priorities and KPIs to achieve. You think creatively, are solution-oriented, adaptable to change, and have a drive for continuous innovation.
- You have an interest in technology: You are excited to be part of a team building a technology product and can work in collaboration with software engineers. You are motivated to harness the power of data and technology to achieve environmental and broader sustainability goals.
- You are a team player: You work collaboratively with your colleagues and consider what is best for the team. You have exceptional communication skills and can work effectively in a remote-first environment on a distributed team. You value diversity and inclusion.
- Candidates must be fluent in English. Additional languages are a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
We value dedicated people but we know that it's important to recover, disconnect, and spend time with your family. If you join Atlas, you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity package
- A family-friendly work environment with flexibility and understanding around the hours you work
- Equipment of your choice
- Full social security benefits
- 26 days of vacation
We are a remote-first company. You can either work out of our headquarters in Berlin or remotely. Choose the setup that works best for you. Remote locations should be within +/- 3 hours of CET time. We regularly get together at co-location weeks to strengthen a great culture across geographies.
BE WHO YOU ARE
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Our mission is to change the way our economic system works and make the impact of companies transparent. We can only solve such complex challenges with diverse and inclusive teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.
Please use the form below to apply