ESG Engagement Manager - German Speaking
Permanent Employee, Full Time | Berlin or Remote
We are looking for a talented ESG Engagement Manager (German speaking) to join our mission-driven team. Your focus will be to develop world-class ESG solutions and analytical insights for our clients, helping to prepare organizations for success on the Atlas Metrics platform. As a key member of our team, you will work closely with senior leadership, engineers, designers, and ESG professionals to shape the future of our ESG SaaS solutions globally. Your expertise and vision will be instrumental in transforming the way companies approach sustainability, empowering them to make a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. This is a unique opportunity to make your mark on an innovative and growing company.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Manage a global customer portfolio, serving as a primary point of contact to ensure the success of both platform subscriptions and advisory services
- Lead ESG advisory initiatives with our customers, guiding them in identifying relevant ESG metrics to track and developing a tailored strategy to accomplish their goals
- Perform in-depth qualitative and quantitative research and analysis, curating compelling presentations and datasets, and build actionable strategies and recommendations
- Research evolving ESG trends, and be a source of knowledge on key ESG standards, frameworks, and regulations (e.g., GRI, SASB, ISSB, CDP, TCFD, SBTi, NFRD, SFDR, EU Taxonomy)
- Contribute to the growth of the business by creating proposals to secure new clients and maximize revenue through add-on services
- Collaborate with our product development team as we build the market leading ESG software solution, operating in a highly entrepreneurial environment
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- You focus on the best outcomes for clients: You have 4+ years of experience in leading management consulting firms, ESG consulting, or sustainable investing. You think strategically about how clients can improve their processes for collecting, managing, and reporting ESG information. You have a vision for how to build new and impactful solutions that clients will love.
- You lead: You have excellent project management skills, ideally working corporate customers and/or financial institutions. You can communicate complex topics and help business leaders understand the importance of ESG. You have managed small teams (with 1-5 direct reports).
- You are passionate about sustainability: You have a strong interest for sustainability and ESG. An academic degree in sustainability, environmental studies, or a related field is a plus. Experience working in ESG (e.g. with a company, investment firm, or consultancy) is a plus.
- You are analytical: You enjoy working with ESG data and can bring structure and analysis to derive meaningful insights from complex information. You are highly proficient in Excel.
- You are entrepreneurial: You are results-driven and thrive in a startup environment. You have a strong understanding of core business priorities and KPIs to achieve. You think creatively, are solution-oriented, adaptable to change, and have a drive for continuous innovation.
- You have an interest in technology: You are excited to be part of a team building a technology product and can work in collaboration with software engineers. You are motivated to harness the power of data and technology to achieve ESG and broader sustainability goals.
- You are a team player: You work collaboratively with your colleagues and consider what is best for the team. You have exceptional communication skills and can work effectively in a remote-first environment on a distributed team. You value diversity and inclusion.
WHAT ELSE IS IMPORTANT
- English and German fluency is a must. Additional languages are a plus.
- We are a remote-first company. You can either work out of our headquarters in Berlin or remotely. Choose the setup that works best for you. Remote locations must be within +/- 3 hours of CET time. We regularly get together at colocation weeks to live and strengthen a strong culture across geographies.
WHAT'S IN FOR YOU
We value dedicated people, but we know that it's important to recover, disconnect, and spend time with your family. If you join Atlas, you will receive:
- Work as part of a been-there-done-that team of startup professionals. We’re an inclusive, caring team of ambitious professionals who strive for excellent execution. If that’s you as well, you’ll love it.
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity package
- A family-friendly work environment with flexibility and understanding around the hours you work
- Full social security benefits
- 26 days of vacation (you get one more every year)
BE WHO YOU ARE
We celebrate diversity and understand its value in solving complex problems. We’re committed to building teams that bring in a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Our mission is to change the way our economic system works and make the impact of companies transparent.
We are an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive and inspiring workplace!
Please use the form below to apply