ESG Analyst - German Speaking
Permanent Employee, Full Time | Berlin or Remote
WHAT YOU WILL DO
We are looking for a talented ESG Analyst (German speaking) to join our client solutions team. Your focus will be to develop world-class ESG solutions and analytical insights for our clients, helping to prepare organizations for success on the Atlas Metrics platform. As an early employee at a fast-growing VC-backed startup, you’ll play a key role in delivering successful pilot projects with an exciting and global client base, driving forward the digital transformation of ESG data. You’ll be part of an international team of experienced ESG professionals and software engineers, headquartered in Berlin, from the early stages of our journey as we build the market leading ESG software solution.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research and analysis to help clients achieve their ESG goals
- Build client-facing presentations and datasets, and help create actionable strategies and recommendations that are aligned with best practice
- Research evolving ESG trends, and be a source of knowledge on key ESG standards, frameworks, and regulations (e.g., GRI, SASB, ISSB, CDP, TCFD, SBTi, NFRD, SFDR, EU Taxonomy)
- Contribute to business development efforts by creating proposals to win new clients
- Collaborate with product development teams as we build the market leading ESG software solution, operating in a highly entrepreneurial environment
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have experience in ESG: You have 1-3 years of experience working in ESG, likely with a company, investment firm, or consultancy. Your knowledge spans key ESG topics, reporting standards, frameworks, and regulations. An academic degree in sustainability, environmental studies, or a related field is a plus.
- You focus on the best outcomes for clients: You think strategically about how clients can improve their processes for collecting, managing, and reporting ESG information. You can communicate complex topics and help business leaders understand the importance of ESG. You have a vision for how to build new and impactful solutions that clients will love.
- You are analytical: You enjoy working with ESG data and can bring structure and analysis to derive meaningful insights from complex information. You are highly proficient in Excel.
- You are entrepreneurial: You are results-driven and thrive in a startup environment. You have a strong understanding of core business priorities and KPIs to achieve. You think creatively, are solution-oriented, adaptable to change, and have a drive for continuous innovation.
- You have an interest in technology: You are excited to be part of a team building a technology product and can work in collaboration with software engineers. You are motivated to harness the power of data and technology to achieve ESG and broader sustainability goals.
- You are a team player: You work collaboratively with your colleagues and consider what is best for the team. You have exceptional communication skills and can work effectively in a remote-first environment on a distributed team. You value diversity and inclusion.
- Candidates must be fluent in English and German. Additional languages are a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
We value dedicated people but we know that it's important to recover, disconnect, and spend time with your family. If you join Atlas, you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity package
- A family-friendly work environment with flexibility and understanding around the hours you work
- Equipment of your choice
- Full social security benefits
- 26 days of vacation
We are a remote-first company. You can either work out of our headquarters in Berlin or remotely. Choose the setup that works best for you. Remote locations should be within +/- 3 hours of CET time. We regularly get together at co-location weeks to strengthen a great culture across geographies.
BE WHO YOU ARE
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Our mission is to change the way our economic system works and make the impact of companies transparent. We can only solve such complex challenges with diverse and inclusive teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.
Please use the form below to apply