Permanent Employee, Full Time | Berlin or Remote
WHAT YOU WILL DO
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our product development team, focused on advancing the complex datasets that power our software. You’ll apply your data skills to environmental, social, and governance (ESG) information, helping to shape the development of our software product and ensuring the success of our data model. As an early employee at a fast-growing VC-backed startup, you’ll play a key role in ensuring the successful launch of our product and driving forward the digital transformation of ESG data. You’ll be part of an international team of software engineers and ESG specialists, headquartered in Berlin, from the early stages of our journey as we build the market leading ESG software solution.
- Expand our library of ESG metrics to continually increase the number of datapoints that are integrated on our software
- Build advanced Excel formulas to establish connections between datapoints
- Understand mathematical calculations that are performed on ESG data, and write machine-readable operations and instructions to enable calculations to be run
- Transform business requirements into structured tables and organize information based on a deep understanding of our data model
- Automate error checking
- Collaborate with software engineers and domain specialists to deliver on product requirements from both a technical and business standpoint
- Support the roll-out of additional analytical modules, by apply cutting-edge methodologies to measure sustainability impacts
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You are data-driven: You have 1-3 years of experience working in a data-driven environment. You are highly analytical and can bring structure and efficiency to complex datasets. You hold a degree in a data-oriented subject, such as Mathematics, Economics, Business Analytics, or a Science-based subject. Experience working at a tech company or startup is a plus. A Master’s degree in a relevant field is a plus.
- You are solutions-oriented: You enjoy solving complex puzzles, combining knowledge of optimal data structures with real-world application and information.
- You have advanced Excel skills: You have experience building complex spreadsheets in Excel. Knowledge of databases, statistical packages, or programming languages is a plus (e.g., R, SQL, Python).
- You are entrepreneurial: You are results-driven and thrive in a startup environment. You have a strong understanding of core business priorities and KPIs to achieve. You think creatively, are solution-oriented, adaptable to change, and have a drive for continuous innovation.
- You have an interest in technology: You are excited to be part of a team building a technology product and can work in collaboration with domain specialists and software engineers. You are motivated to harness the power of data and technology to achieve ESG and broader sustainability goals.
- You are a team player: You work collaboratively with your colleagues and consider what is best for the team. You have exceptional communication skills and can work effectively in a remote-first environment on a distributed team. You value diversity and inclusion.
- Candidates must be fluent in English. Additional languages are a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
We value dedicated people but we know that it's important to recover, disconnect, and spend time with your family. If you join Atlas, you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity package
- A family-friendly work environment with flexibility and understanding around the hours you work
- Equipment of your choice
- Full social security benefits
- 26 days of vacation
We are a remote-first company. You can either work out of our headquarters in Berlin or remotely. Choose the setup that works best for you. Remote locations should be within +/- 3 hours of CET time. We regularly get together at co-location weeks to strengthen a great culture across geographies.
BE WHO YOU ARE
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Our mission is to change the way our economic system works and make the impact of companies transparent. We can only solve such complex challenges with diverse and inclusive teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.
Please use the form below to apply